Catholic Education South Australia

Our history

According to an early history of the Unley area, St Thomas School for Girls was established in 1896 and catered for the needs of children at the Goodwood Orphanage.

In 1909, the parish priest (Fr Bryne) made plans for a boys school to be opened on our present property.

In April 1914, the Sisters of Mercy were invited to accept responsibility for the school and they remained the Catholic Educators in the area for close to 60 years. The first Lay Principal was appointed in 1974 and our school has continued to grow and change with the needs of the community.